Scientific research activities (according to annual evaluation)
The scientific research activity of the faculty, in accordance with its strategic plan, is based primarily on the solution of grant projects and projects for specific requirements of technical and production practice. The results of these activities, documented by their direct implementation in practice, form the potential for follow-up activities of the faculty, which include in particular publishing activity, activity in the field of inventions and implementation of scientific research results into practice:
- intensification of the technical capability of heavy load-bearing structures
- risk management in complex logical systems
- waste disposal by plasma technology
- hydrogen technologies (hydrogen storage in metal hydride)
- modernisation and automation of gas boiler plants
- reconstruction and innovation of engineering products – stand-alone applications
- new technologies for production and operational processes – separate applications
- new applications and use of CA technologies and software products – separate activities
- preparation of innovation of engineering enterprises and technologies
- rehabilitation system for paraplegic patients
- handling systems for handling immobile individuals
- test and test benches, test methods for drive systems and modules
- new structures and materials for sports cars – research and development
- research and development of customised implants using additive technologies
- non-traditional forms of propulsion principles – pneumobil
- research on internal combustion engines to minimise fuel consumption (Eco Shell)
The faculty supports publishing activity by its own edition of scientific and professional literature. The edition is governed by the operational directive approved at the meeting of the Scientific Council of the Faculty of Science of TU Košice.
Grant assignments and projects
The grant projects awarded are divided into domestic projects, which include: KEGA, VEGA, APVV, AV and state projects. A significant part of the projects consists of solutions with practice. Foreign projects include: the 6th FP, MVTS, mobility projects. Scientific research activities are periodically controlled and evaluated at the appropriate management levels of the faculty.
Membership of committees, scientific and professional bodies
This includes faculty representation on international conference and congress committees, membership of international editorial boards, membership of international advisory bodies for project coordination and preparation, and membership of international expert committees for strategy in the field of scientific research and practice.